I always enjoy reading what people are loving at the moment and what products they swear by. So if I was to do a full-face of makeup for the day, this is what I would do – but most of the time I just stick to concealer, eyeshadow, mascara and lip balm.
The most important first step is skincare, providing a good base for your makeup is key – I usually keep it simple with: moisturiser, eye cream and spot wand (if needed)
- Avene Hydrating cream:What I love about this is the consistency and price. It is hydrating enough for my dry skin – but feels light enough for daily use. It is also £14.50 from Boots, which means I can walk into town and re-purchase when needed and its not going to break the bank.
Where you can find it:
- Their website: https://www.avene.co.uk/face/products-for-daily-use/dehydrated-skin/hydrance-rich-hydrating-cream
2) Clarins Multi-active instant eye-reviver: Admittedly this range is aimed for the older generation and targets ‘fine lines’ on mature skin. But the coolness and ease of application, using the round circle to reduce red, puffy eyes in the morning is a winner. It is on the pricer side: at £35.00but worth the investment, mine has lasted for ages!
Where you can find it:
- Clarins: https://www.clarins.co.uk/eyes/C070400065.html
- John Lewis: https://www.johnlewis.com/clarins-multi-active-eye-cream-15ml/p3125984
- Boots: https://www.boots.com/clarins-multi-active-eye-cream-15ml-10225887
- Any Clarins beauty bar in department stores
3) Witch Hazel Spot Wand:This compact little life-saver, has a dual wand for fighting spots, with a day and night gel. It is enriched with tea tree oil and calming witch hazel to target problem areas & helps to make my skin feeled soothed and reduced my spots. It is also a bargain at: £4.50
Where you can find it:
Once I have prepped my skin for makeup, depending on the day, my routine consists of these products:
- Smashbox photo finish primer: a clear face primer gel which makes my foundation last ALL day: £26.00 (but the small testers are only £12 and last for long enough!)
2) Laura Mercier Candleglow soft Luminous foundation or Nars sheer glow foundation: Two great foundations, both with dewy finishes and a light-buildable coverage. Nars also has a great range of shades, from super pale (me) to much darker.
Laura Mercier: £36.00
3) Nars radiant creamy concealer: LOVE. MUST HAVE. My go to product, if I could only leave with house with one thing on, it would be this. Great coverage, blend-ability, shades – well worth the money and hype. I’m on at least my 5thtube.
4) Laura Mercier translucent setting powder: This flawless, invisible powder sets my under eyes and base beautifully. It is super fine and blurs lines and imperfections, I apply this with a damp beauty blender and it works great.
Setting Powder: https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/laura-mercier-translucent-loose-setting-powder.html
Blush: Nars Orgasm Blush: The prettiest, light pink blush – A light application of even the highest intensity hues delivers the prettiest, most natural-looking flush possible – obsessed…
Bronzer: Urban Decay beached bronzer: What else to say other than, it creates a great bronzed beachy look – the packaging is also very cooolll.
Highlighter: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter – I bought this highlighter in Moonstone after hearing great reviews, and it doesn’t disappoint, However, I don’t usually go for a very highlighted look: but you can definitely achieve that with this product. Gorgeous though.
- My current go to palette is: Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette, the warm shades are stunning, with a mixture of matte’s and shimmering shades, the pigmentation of this palette is also something to rave about and the packaging is very nice – a win win. The only downside is the price at £42.00it’s not cheap, but it will last you a very long time.
2) Two faced Better than sex mascara: Another cult classic, the formula thickens, lengthens and curls after just one coat with the ingenious hourglass-shaped brush. I can easily wear this daily or build it up for a night out.
3) Eyebrows: I like to keep it simple and tbh I don’t always do this step – I sometimes forget. But if I was to do my brows, it would be with the: Benefit Gimme Brow Gel. I can’t really comment much other than it’s great and does what I want it to – tames my brows. If you want a better review about brows, it’s not from me!
Lips: If I am going out or am doing a full face, I will reach for one of my beautiful Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks, which I got for Christmas. But most days – I just reach for a tinted lip balm, to keep hydrated.
K.I.S.S.I.N.G Charlotte Tilbury
BITCH PERFECT. A Peach-toned nude creamy lipstick
PILLOW TALK A Iconic dreamy nude pink matte lipstick
Burt Bees Lip Balm: The Strawberry one – it’s the best.