So, I debated writing this post for a long time as I convinced myself that no one would ever care to read about random things to do with me. But I re-visited the idea and decided that you never know, someone might. So I ended up writing a list of 50 random facts about me.
I figured if nothing else, it may help you to get to know me better, I personally love reading these sort of blog posts myself – so please feel free to leave a comment with a quirky fact about yourself. 🙂
Without further ado:
1.My full name is Rebecca Denise Colyer – My middle name is my Grandma’s
2. I have a younger brother – he’s annoying but I love him really
3. My birthday is in October, but have never done Halloween
4. I have always had a dog in my life – for the longest time I had two beautiful bearded collies
5. I am 5ft 7’ and not wishing to be any taller!
6. I am left handed and left footed – I basically do everything on my left side!
7. I am pretty shy person (until you get to know me!)
8. I enjoy spending time on my own, I can be happy in my own company – perhaps explains #7
9. I prefer a night in over a night out – company, movie and blankets 🙂
10. Autumn is my favourite season – partly because it’s my dads
11. Without my glasses I am fairly blind – runs in the family
12. Give me a good book and you won’t see me for hours, maybe days
13. I am a planner and a list maker – the unknown is scary
14. One of my favourite quotes is from Elizabeth Gilbert who says: “Embrace the glorious mess that you are”
15. My favourite meal of the day is: brunch (does that count?!)
16. I would describe myself as girly but with a tomboy streak (I’ll thank my auntie and mum for that)
17. I set high expectations for myself and push myself to always work harder (sometimes detrimental)
18. I love scrapbooking and creating small memoirs to remember sentimental things and good times
19. I used to religiously write a diary and still have mine from when I was 9 (no you can’t see it!)
20. I used to play fairly competitive hockey – but now just play for enjoyment
21. I wouldn’t describe myself as sporty – but can/do enjoy sport (hence #20)
22. I have never been fully drunk: the idea of being out of control is daunting
23. I LOVE music, it is my escape
24. I am scared of deep open water but love watching the sea – put it simply I am not a water person!
25. And so of course…I am allergic to Neoprene – yep that stuff in wetsuits (weirdest allergy ever!)
26. I used to want to be a teacher, and still find the prospect of inspiring others exciting
27. I also love interior design and still have a scrapbook full of magazine pictures for when I own my own house (organised by room, pattern and colour obvs!)
28. I have one piercing (my ears) and no tattoos – but they do interest me
29. Anyone who gets: “We were on a break!” and “How you doin?” I like you.
30. I have watched all three High School Musical films at least 5 times
31. And also…both Mamma Mia films about 3 times
32. I am a Libra – but does that really mean anything?
I have never had a serious relationship – until now 😉
34. When I get tired, properly tired, I don’t want to talk to anyone.
35. I am also NOT a morning person, #34
36.I don’t like people who typ lyk dis.
37. If I see incorrect spelling or grammar – I have an urge to fix it!
38. I am terrified of speaking in front of people: but strangely enjoy it
39. I have 5 social media accounts: but wish I spent less time on them
40. I am not religious but want to believe in something…
41. I would love to travel to Italy, Greece and New Zealand (find me the time and money!)
42. I am planning on going to University to study English in the next two years
43. I live in a very quiet and tidy household, but that’s the way we like it.
44. I am a very over-protective and supportive big sister (much to my 15-year-old brother’s embarrassment sometimes!)
45. But I love being looked after and cared for myself
46. I hate rollercoasters and theme parks. UGH
47. I also don’t deal with crowds or lots of people very well either…I guess why #46
48. The words ‘fun-run’ should not exist together
49. My hands and feet are always cold
50. Can’t decide between sunrise or sunset: but I’m awake for more sunsets!